Catfish is a species of freshwater fish consumption, long-bodied silvery white with bluish backs. Catfish known as commodity bright prospects, because it has a high selling price.
This is what causes these fish to get attention and interest by entrepreneurs to membudidayakannya. This fish is quite responsive to supplementary feeding.
In cultivation, within six months of age catfish can reach lengths of 35-40 cm. As a family Pangasidae, these fish species do not require flowing water to "membongsorkan" body. In waters that do not flow with the oxygen content rendahpun already qualified to raise these fish.
This fish-body length to the size of local freshwater fish, such as silver white, back bluish. Head relatively small catfish, the mouth is situated at the tip of her head slightly at the bottom (a typical class of catfish). At the corner of his mouth are two pairs of short whiskers which serves as a feeler.
The benefits of the catfish, among others:
1. As a source of animal protein supply.
2. As an ornamental fish.
Here are the requirements of catfish farming area:
1. Good ground for a pool maintenance is a type of clay / clay, does not pivot. Soil type can hold a large mass of water and not leaking so it can be made ridge / pool wall.
2. The slope is good land for making ponds ranged from 3-5% to facilitate irrigation pond by gravity.
3. When done with catfish enlargement mounted nets floating the river, the exact location of slow-flowing river.
4. Water quality for maintenance of catfish should be clean, not too keruhdan not polluted toxic chemicals, and oil / waste plant. Water quality must be considered, to avoid the occurrence of mold, it should be added to a solution of inhibiting the growth of fungi (Emolin or Blitzich with a dose of 0.05 cc / liter).
5. Good water temperature at the time of egg hatching into larvae in the aquarium is between 26-28 degrees C. In areas with relatively low water temperatures required heater (heater) to achieve optimal temperature is relatively stable.
6. Acidity of water ranges from: 6.5 to 7.
Catfish culture includes several activities, broadly divided into two activities, namely seeding and enlargement. Both types are generally not popular activities undertaken by the community, because most still rely on fishing activities in the wild (river, lake, reservoir, etc.) to meet demand for catfish.
Seeding activities is an effort to produce seed at a certain size. The final product of a certain-sized seeds, which generally is the seed after the nursery. Seeds of catfish can be obtained from the catch in open water. Subsequently, seeds were collected in a container, and treated with caution for 2 weeks.
If the water in the reservoirs are dirty, must be immediately replaced with clean water, and try to avoid sunburn. Before the seeds spread, first nurtured in the net for 1 month, then transferred into a prepared hampang.
Broadly speaking catfish hatchery effort includes the following activities:
1. The selection of candidates ready pijah parent.
2. Preparation of stimulating hormone / pituitary gland of the donor fish, namely carp.
3. Married injection (induced breeding).
4. Ordering (striping).
5. Hatching eggs.
6. Treatment of larvae.